My first release is out.
The image was obtainted using Raspbian Installer with the following options:
- Language: English
- Country: United Kingdom
- Keyboard Layout: British English
- Mirror archive: mirrordirector.raspbian.org
- Directory: /raspbian/
- Partiton: removed swap partition and created new ext4 partition (850Mb size)
- Software to install: Standard system utilities and SSH Server
Then some other offline steps were taken on SD Card in order to optimize system:
- Added gpu_mem=16 options in /boot/config.txt for setting GPU memory size
- Added elevator=deadline option in /boot/cmdline.txt for setting right disk scheduler
- Corrected mount point in /boot/cmdline.txt (after swap partition removing the kernel couldn’t find mount point)
- Added noatime,nodiratime,commit=120 options in /etc/fstab for better SD Card performance and reliability
- Added –noclear option in /etc/inittab in order to avoid screen clean at boot
- Added ip address showing script in /etc/rc.local
- Removed MAC address in udev rules in order to work with different RPI hardware
- Added daily scheduled fstrim command for /
- Zeroed free space in /boot and in / for better image compressing
- Created and compressed image
The MINIBIAN main features are indicated here.
So, those are the steps i made for creating this release. As you can see basically this is the same kernel and binary of official image, but quite smaller and with better performance.
You can download this image, following this link at sourceforge: http://sourceforge.net/projects/minibian/files/2013-07-05-wheezy-minibian.tar.gz/download